Clare has been the MP for Dunedin South since 2008 and is a strong advocate for the Dunedin South community. In Dunedin Clare fought hard to save Kiwirail’s Hillside workshops and is a passionate advocate for building the Dunedin economy and providing more jobs.
Raised in Dunedin, Clare has a deep connection with the Dunedin South electorate. Clare began her career as a journalist, before working for the Australian Council of Trade Unions. Since then she founded her own Dunedin-based business, specialising in PR, before moving into politics. Her background has made her a strong Labour Spokesperson for the IT and Communications portfolio.
- Labour Member of Parliament, Dunedin South
- Founder, Inzight Communications
- Senior media consultant Essential Media Communications (EMC), Australia
- Media/Communications Officer, Australian Council of Trade Unions
- BA (Hons) Anthropology and History