I was on Good Morning today, cooking my Fish Dinner recipe, using blue cod which I'd caught. If you want to try making this at home for yourself, you can find the recipe here!
David Cunliffe's Fish Dinner Recipe
4 small or medium flilets of firm white fish (such as snapper, tarakihi, gurnard or cod)
1 cup plain flour
2 cups panko breadcrumbs
2 large eggs (free range of course)
Freshly ground pepper and coarse salt
Lemon wedges to serve
100g of butter
1 cup whole egg mayonnaise
2 teaspoons capers
Bunch of parsley
Bag of washed rocket leaves
1. Mix together breadcrumbs, parsley, a pinch of salt, pepper and lemon juice
2. Make the tartar sauce by mixing together chopped gherkins, mayonnaise, parsley, capers, lemon zest and juice.
3. Dip fish fillets in egg and flour, and then roll in breadcrumb mixture.
4. Heat pan and melt butter. Wait until hot.
5. Place the fish in the pan, turning after a couple of minutes. Cook until lightly browned. Be careful not to overcook.
6. While the fish cooks, mix up a quick rocket salad, using rocket, balsamic vinegar, and olive oil. Top with Parmesan cheese flakes.
7. Serve and eat! A great, healthy, 10-minute fish dinner.