Louisa (Ngati Tuwharetoa me Waikato) has held a variety of roles across the public sector as a policy advisor and community advocate in the social policy and public policy areas. Louisa believes that people have the solutions to meeting their own needs and her responsibility is to ensure public resources are distributed in a way that meets the needs and aspirations of all of our communities.
A priority for Louisa in her work with Manurewa community leaders is to help create and cultivate the environment for the next generation to dream and to fulfil their potential. As a former Silver Fern and Black Fern Louisa knows that striving to attain goals can be achieved with the support and encouragement of our families and communities. Louisa's work is founded on a commitment to universal human rights and to practically ensuring that all people as NZ citizens live equally in dignity and rights.
- Member of the Silver Ferns, 1989-1992
- World Champion Black Ferns, 1998
- New Zealand Women’s Rugby Player of the Year, 1997
- Master of Philosophy, 2000-2002 (Social Policy)
- Bachelor, 1995-1999 Social Policy and Social Work
- Diploma in Sport and Recreation, 1990-1991
- New Zealand University Blues, 1997-98
- Policy Advisor and Policy Analyst - Children's Commission, Families Commission, Human Rights Commission, Auckland University of Technology, Counties Manukau DHB