Poto's deep experience in grassroots community work means she has an affinity for supporting people to reach their potential. Her work in the Christchurch East electorate focuses on assisting her constituents in a broad range of issues and concerns they face. Poto works hard to ensure their voice is heard at a national level to get a fair deal for the people of Christchurch East.
Poto has worked in the community sector for most of her professional life, including mental health, disability, community health and family violence. Understanding recovery models and the role that communities play in supporting and sustaining our people is an important aspect of her work experience. Poto is now working on a Doctoral Thesis on Pacific Women Leadership. Poto is a keen runner and can often be seen running in New Brighton in the early morning in her Labour T-Shirt.
- Master of Business Administration, Southern Cross University (Australia)
- Area Manager Midlands, Healthcare NZ (Mar 2008 - Sep 2009)
- HR and Quality Coordinator, Affinity Services (Feb 2002 - Jun 2008)
- Chief Executive Officer, Western Refuge Society Incorporated (Oct 2009 - Aug 2011)
- Manager, WAVES Trust (from Sep 2011)
- General Manager, St John of God Hauora Trust (to March 2013)