Meet Ethan Reille
Waitaki needs a strong, local and present voice. I can be that voice. So together, we can build a stronger Waitaki.
Ethan loves his community and believes it has the potential to lead the way for New Zealand. He knows that the Waitaki needs a strong, local and present voice to champion this and advocate for local communities on current issues.
Throughout his time in Waitaki he has worked in Community Development Support at the Waitaki District Council, he has been a representative on the Stronger Waitaki stewardship group, chaired the Waitaki District Youth Council, was Headboy at Waitaki Boys' High School, and Youth MP for Rachel Brooking MP.
Ethan knows his community is doing it tough right now. His focus is on ensuring towns are looked after as much as our cities and that essential, local services such as health-care, education and businesses are supported.
Ethan has been a strong advocate for his community and believes its diversity needs to be recognised and celebrated more often, whilst also ensuring rural communities have what they need to thrive.
Ethan's key focuses for Waitaki are on:
- Being a representative for all people of Waitaki.
- Ensuring Waitaki has the resilience for the economic, environmental and social challenges ahead.
- Delivering timely and accessible health and wellbeing services.
- Investing in local schools and ECE to deliver for our children.
- Attracting and welcoming more people to Waitaki by boosting housing availability and affordability.
- Investing in our employers, to attract and keep their skilled employees.
- Diversifying the economy and investing in innovative sectors.