Happy International Women's Day! Check out a few things our Government has done to improve the lives of women in New Zealand. There's still more to do - but today we recognise just how far we've come.
- This Government introduced the Families Package including introducing Best Start payments: $60/week for all new-born babies for their first year.
- We’ve extended Paid Parental Leave, which will be 26 weeks from July 2020.
- We’ve significantly increased funding for family violence services - the first funding boost for frontline agencies in 10 years. This Government delivered a 30 per cent funding increase to enable front line agencies to expand.
- We supported Jan Logie's Victims Protection Bill which allows victims of domestic violence up to 10 days paid leave to deal with the impacts of domestic violence.
- We’ve launched a court support pilot for sexual violence survivors and a sexual harm helpline.
- We’re passing the Equal Pay Act to address historic inequities in pay for women.
- We announced amendments to the Family and Whānau Violence Bill, designed to strengthen the legislative foundations of the family violence system.
- and more...
Anything else you think should be added to the list? Head over to our Facebook page and let us know!