In the lead-up to Christmas, we’re celebrating 12 of our top successes this year:
1. We forced National to increase Pharmac’s funding so patients can access life-saving cancer drug Keytruda.
2. Together with unions and teachers, we demanded that the Government drop its plan to bulk fund schools.
3. We forced the Government to eliminate zero hours contracts.
4. We launched our comprehensive housing plan to build affordable houses, crack down on speculators, and help families in need.
5. We won mayoral races in Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch, Whanganui, and Rotorua.
6. We had a huge win in the Mt Roskill by-election for our candidate Michael Wood, who’ll join us in Parliament next year.
7. We forced the Government to stop ripping a dividend out of Housing New Zealand.
8. We signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Greens to change the Government.
9. Andrew Little’s Healthy Homes Bill, requiring all rentals to be warm, dry, and healthy to live in, passed its first reading in Parliament.
10. We helped Redcliffs community save its school after the Government threatened to close it.
11. We forced the Government to increase mental health funding for Canterbury after they’d cut it.
12. We got the numbers in Parliament for 26 weeks Paid Parental Leave. (Sadly Bill English then vetoed it.)
Thanks to all those who worked with us and campaigned with us on these issues. We’re looking forward to doing it again next year when we change the Government.
If you'd like to help us do that, let us know you're with us here.