Labour Leader Phil Goff today announced changes to Labour MPs rankings and portfolios following the demotions of Chris Carter, Shane Jones and Mita Ririnui over credit card expenses.
“The trouble surrounding use of ministerial credit cards and the subsequent demotions has given me the opportunity to refresh our line up.
“The MPs stepping up to new roles bring a combination of experience and fresh thinking. I believe these changes strengthen our line up.
The changes are:
· Charles Chauvel picks up Environment and drops Energy.
· David Parker picks up Economic Development and drops Conservation.
· Darren Hughes picks up Infrastructure.
· Maryan Street picks up Foreign Affairs and drops Tertiary Education.
· Stuart Nash picks up Forestry from Mita Ririnui.
· Grant Robertson picks up Tertiary Education.
· Nanaia Mahuta picks up Energy and Associate Law and Order.
· Chris Carter picks up Conservation.
Nanaia Mahuta and Charles Chauvel move to Front Bench seats while Grant Robertson moves to the second row.
“There will be further changes to our line up ahead of next year’s election. All Labour MPs know that they will be judged on their performance in the coming months," Phil Goff said.