Meet Nerissa Henry
I am passionate about supporting the aspirations of East Auckland locals, in particular our growing youth population, our diverse cultural pockets of communities and our sporting communities.
Nerissa Henry was born and raised, 5th generation of her family, to live within the East Auckland area where she currently lives and raises her 3 children.
Nerissa has an extensive background in governance spanning over 15 years from grassroots organisations such community gardens, waste minimisation and education in schools programmes to being a third term elected member on the Maungakiekie-Tāmaki Local Board and the Mt Wellington Licensing Trust as well as being appointed positions on Tupuna Maunga Authority and the Auckland Conservation Board.
Nerissa has a diverse background of lived experiences ranging from being a young 20 year old mum to a 35 year old professional.
Nerissa's priorities for Pakuranga are:
- Coordinated collaboration between key stakeholders, leaders and influencers;
- Continued support for all our public schools;
- Supporting access to quality social housing;
- Boosting housing availability for first home buyers;
- Better integrated public transport network;
- Improved access to health and mental health services; and
- Support for climate action programmes, projects and plans.