Labour recognises and values the skills, knowledge and experience older people contribute to the nation.
Here are some of our policies that will help out older New Zealanders:
- Super will stay at 65
- Winter Energy Payment
- Restart Super Fund contributions
- Reduce GP fees by $10
- Ensure all Kiwis get world-leading cancer care
- Undertake a review of the differences in government assistance provided to foster carers and to kin carers (including grandparents) with a view to ensuring that both groups are treated equitably.
- $8 billion more for health
- 1,000 more police
- No inheritance tax. No increase in GST
- 600,000 grants of up to $2,000 to install insulation or heating
- Require all rentals to be warm, dry, and healthy to live in
To see how we'll pay for all of our policies, see our independently verified fiscal plan here.