John Key’s train-wreck interview on Morning Report shows he is no longer capable of a simple yes or no answer and has lost touch with what’s right and wrong, Labour MP Grant Robertson says.
“John Key has become so media trained and robotic he no longer gets it. Kiwis want answers about serious examples of abhorrent behaviour outlined in the Dirty Politics book. They are sick of his pathetic claims of left-wing conspiracies and constant attempts to dodge the question.
“John Key should apologise to New Zealanders for his evasive and scripted answers and stump up with the real answers. If he doesn’t know the answer he needs to find out and respond with a simple yes or no to the following:
- Was it appropriate for Jason Ede to access the Labour database, yes or no?
- Does Jason Ede still work from John Key’s office, yes or no?
- If not why does he still have access? Why does his Parliament telephone extension and email still work?
- Is it appropriate for Judith Collins to leak information to Cameron Slater, yes or no?
- Was Judith Collins right to leak the name of a public servant to Cameron Slater, yes or no?
- Is it appropriate to engage with someone who calls West Coasters ferals and Cantabrians scum, yes or no?
- Is it appropriate to answer direct questions with meaningless hypotheticals, yes or no?
“John Key’s strategy is falling apart. He has lost touch with what is right and wrong. It’s time he gave Kiwis the answers they deserve,” Grant Robertson said.