You can follow everything going on right here - from speeches, meetings, appearances and announcements!
A closer look....
- Gave New Zealand national statement in the UN General Assembly
Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern delivered her speech to the United Nations General Assembly this morning. She called for a different world order - one that puts kindness ahead of isolationism, rejection and racism. Watch it now below and read more here: http://nzlp.nz/h5nz-
- Delivered keynote speech at the International Conference on Sustainable Development/World Leaders Forum at Columbia University
The Prime Minister's speech focused on the topic of "redefining successful government" and laid out our Government's plan to lead New Zealand into a fairer, more sustainable future.
- Convened the Inaugural Meeting of the Carbon Neutrality Coalition
The Prime Minister convened the inaugural meeting of the Carbon Neutrality Coalition. The interactive dialogue was facilitated by Christiana Figueres (former Executive Secretary of the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change), with interventions by the Prime Minister, leaders of Costa Rica and Marshall Islands and Ministerial members of the Carbon Neutrality Coalition.
- Participated in the New York Times New Rules Summit: Women, Leadership, and a Playbook for Change
Jacinda Ardern participated in the New York Times New Rules Summit: Women, Leadership, and a Playbook for Change. She was interviewed alongside Australia's 27th Prime Minister Julia Gillard as part of a segment called Groundbreakers on the Global Stage: What does women’s leadership look like from the highest political office in a nation?
- Talked with Professor Jeffrey Sachs about how to inspire more young women to get into politics.
Following her keynote at the International Conference on Sustainable Development at Columbia University Ardern participated in a Q&A session. “We have a huge amount of work to do to make sure we carve a path for women … Because if we don’t, we will be all the poorer.”
- While at Columbia University he Prime Minister also met with the HRH The Crown Prince of Norway...
- ...and took the time to meet with a New Zealand students currently attending Columbia University.
Some of the headlines...