Anahila believes every New Zealander must have access to excellent housing, health and education which are fundamental in offering the best start to fulfilling a person’s dreams and aspirations.
Anahila has been a Social Worker for over 17 years and understands the importance of having values focused on the family. Anahila champions the Labour Party values of opportunity, solidarity and freedom and this strongly resonates with her and her family values. Being a member of the Labour Party has strengthened her belief that the best outcomes for families are achieved through collective values and determination.
Anahila has devoted her social work career working in the community and voluntary services in New Zealand and Tonga. Over the years she has been able to act as a catalyst for action and change for women, social services and community groups. She also hosts a monthly community broadcasting session on air to generate change in society.
Anahila believes lasting change is a result of great leadership. She has held senior management roles in the public and voluntary sector. It is her belief that she has the motivation, skills and experience that will enhance Labour’s fresh approach to achieve effective outcomes for all New Zealanders.
- Manager in a Government Agency.
- Trustee New Horizon for Women’s Trust – since 2016
- Vice President – NZ Tonga Rugby Football Association since 2015
- Executive member – P.A.C.I.F.I.C.A. Inc. since 2015.
- Justice of the Peace since 2013
- Broadcaster – Radio Tonga of Aotearoa 1593AM, since 2013
- Manager, Lofa Tonga National Women’s Rugby 2004
- Manager of the Year, Otahuhu Rugby Football Club, 2002
- Tour Manager, Tonga National Touch Squad at the Touch Football World Cup 1999