Jenny is committed to representing the people of Manukau East in Parliament. She is a strong advocate for a fair and just society as well as opportunities for all New Zealanders. She will bring to Parliament a wealth of public sector experience and a strong background in advocacy and development.
Jenny has 20 years experience in policy, as a health specialist, as a funder and senior official in the Health and Education sectors. Jenny was formerly the Principal Advisor Pacific at the Tertiary Education Commission. She also has grassroots community development experience gained as one of the founders of a community health provider in Auckland as well as through her involvement in implementing and spreading to other cities an evidence-based health initiative developed in the American state of Michigan.
- Principal Advisor Pacific, Tertiary Education Commission
- Chair, Ha'apai Relief Committee
- Elected Member, Mt Wellington Licensing Trust
- Voluntary Community Organiser for the Obama Campaign
- Founding President, Pacific Island Law Students' Association, University of Auckland
- Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Laws, University of Auckland